Many of our Physiotherapists and Kinesiologists are Experts in Running and Running sports. If you have a pain or problem preventing you from running the way you like, book a running clinic appointment to get a plan to get you back in action!
Peterborough's Choice for Running Injuries
Our Runners clinic may be for you if:
- You have had a running injury, or pain is preventing you from running how you would like.
- You would like to safely beginning a running program
- You would like expert advice on your running technique
- You would like advice on a conditioning program to keep you in the best running shape
- You would like to be screened for flexibility and strength to minimise the chance of running injury.
Common Runners Injuries Treated:
- Anterior knee Pain
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- IT (Iliotibial) band Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis or Arch Pain
- Achilles tendonitis or heel cord pain
- Front or Back Shin Splints
- Stress Fractures
Common Treatments and Recommendations:
- Advice on Training Distance and Frequency
- Exercise Therapy or advice on strengthening exercises
- Advice on Running form or technique
- As many common running injuries involve tendons and soft tissues, your physiotherapist may recommend Focused shockwave therapy be included in your treatment as it is often helpful for soft tissue injuries that have not healed with other treatments
- Your health care practitioner may include massage therapy or other soft tissue therapies
- If you have been diagnosed with a stress fracture, you may be treated with immobilisation, or you may be triaged to our lower limb clinic