Orthopaedic Upper Limb Clinic
Orthopaedic Specialists, are experts at both Assessment and Treatment of injuries. At ORIK, Orthopaedic surgeons, and sports medicine doctors may be involved in your care.
Peterborough's Choice for Orthopaedic Care
The Upper Limb Clinic specialises in injuries /problems with the Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, and Hand.
- Referral: You require a family doctor or nurse practitioner referral to the Orthopaedic Upper Limb Clinic to be assessed by the ORIK Orthopaedic Surgeons and Sports Medicine Doctors.
- Wait List: Due to high community demand, wait lists can be significant for the orthopaedic specialist Doctors.
- Possible Early Treatment and Triage Assessment, triage and treatment recommendations by an ORIK physiotherapist can help patients access treatment faster. Our staff have been trained by the Upper Limb Clinic Doctors to identify patients requiring further testing or possible surgical management who can then be expedited to the Orthopaedic Specialists or Sports Medicine Doctor.
What to Expect at the ORIK Orthopaedic Upper Limb Clinic?
- Advice and Education: Our specialists always want you to understand your condition and what to expect going forwards.
- Further Diagnostics Testing will be used as necessary. Certain conditions may require no further diagnostic medical testing, and others may require very specific tests to help with diagnosis and treatment planning. Your doctors will recommend the best option for your condition.
- Nonsurgical Therapies – You may be recommended to consider Physiotherapy, Kinesiology, Bracing, Massage Therapy, prescriptions, or injections to help improve your condition.
- Surgical Management: Our orthopaedic Surgeons may recommend surgical management of a condition. Some injuries may require urgent surgical management, while others non-surgical is the best choice. The doctors will ensure you understand the options as well as the recommended choices.
- Types of Surgery:There are a large number of surgeries performed by our expert upper limb surgeons, you can find information about Commonly Performed Surgical Procedures Here (link) and Fracture care Here (link)