Concussions can occur in many ways ranging from high speed accidents to a simple unexpected bump of the head. Concussions are common and often improve after a short period of time, but if you are having symptoms after a short period of rest, you may want to seek out expert help to get you back to the things you love.
Peterborough's Choice for Concussion Management
Common symptoms include:
- Neck Pain
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering things
- Irritability or personality changes
- Ringing in the ears
- Light or noise sensitivity
- Feeling off balance
How Can A Physiotherapist Help You Recover From A Concussion:
- A physiotherapist can help guide your safe return to sport, work, or school.
- Through exercise and manual therapy, a physiotherapist can help a stiff neck regain flexibility and decrease pain
- A physiotherapist can help to reduce symptoms of dizziness and improve your balance by prescribing exercises that retrain your brain to work better with your inner ear and eyes.
We encourage you to book a visit to see how our Concussion Management Therapists can help you.